[Asterisk-Users] Recommended Web Interface

Dakota Burns dakota.burns at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 13:07:20 MST 2006

I'm currently reviewing the latest release of FreePBX (formerly known as
Asterisk at Home).  Do either of you know whether FreePBX is robust enough to
handle multiple clients, or have any recommendations on front-end Web
interface to manage client config & provide clients access to manage their
level of access (similar to how Vonage, Teliax, and others provide client
access to their web management console)?

The latest FreePBX is module driven - pretty cool.  I've plans to step
through the "Asterisk: Future of Telephony" with old laptop in order to get
a different view of Asterisk.  Am used to Linux & CLI -- do either of you
have any preferences?  My guess is that some purists may look at FreePBX as
a lesser product but ... I think it's simply a product base built right on
top of Asterisk to help new Asterisk people hit the ground running (and
provides some extras such as SugarCRM, Credit Card app, etc.).

Thanks,
Dakota