[Asterisk-Users] BN8S0 Installation problem - 0 devices registrered

Christophorus Laube bob at semanticedge.de
Sat Jun 3 04:24:20 MST 2006

make an 'lsmod' and look for any old ISDN architecture modules such as hisax
or isdn etc. There shall be no other modules loaded then hfcmulti and the
misdn stuff. You don't need CAPI, maybe this is even the clue to your not
working S0 card.
Beronet provides all you need in order to get a BN8S0 card to run. Just
download the install-misdn-mqueue script from the beronet website and the
cardinstallation guide and everything will be fine. This is my experience.
You do not need to patch the kernel an recompile it. Just install the kernel
sources. Then execute the install-misdn-mqueue script. This is doing the
rest.
Another point of failure may be the hotplug system and drivers. If you got
BN8S0 card to run you maybe have some asterisk crashes which depend on the
machine you are running. I have an IBM xSeries and my Debian loads some
hotplug drivers as default. This is also something you should get rid of.
Just blacklist it in /etc/hotplug together with the old style isdn and capi.
As far as I know chan_misdn does not support CAPI yet.