[Asterisk-Users] Attended call transfer with GXP-2000

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 03:51:28 MST 2006

Kerry, so to park a call, you would put the line you are on on hold, hit
line 2, dial 700 (or whatever your park ext is) listen to find out the
number, then hit TRNF and hit line 1.

That's a lot of work to park a call.  I just realized this might be a
problem.  I'm about to put 4 phones in an open office (all users are in the
same office area with no walls or cubicles separating them).  They will be
answering the phone and then having to put people on hold for someone else.
They haven't grasped the concept of extensions yet (this will be a complete
shock to them).  Blind transfer with the speeddial may be a better option.
I was thinking of using parking.  I may need to look at pickup groups.

On 3/16/06, Kerry Garrison <support at techdatapros.com> wrote:

> If you have Line 1 on hold, and you on a call on Line 2, then hitting TRNF
> and hitting Line 1 will transfer Line 2 to Line 1. Same concept as
> Conference.

Lacy Moore
Aspendora, Inc.