[Asterisk-Users] OT but relevant to SMS

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu Jun 1 12:12:52 MST 2006

I know a lot of people on this list are involved in SMS and my apologies
to people outside of the USA but for those of us involved in this space
it's been long overdue.

Great news today!! Neustar have finally released the long awaited 6
digit Common Short Codes (CSC's) and is now in a position to accept your
order to secure the 6 digit shortcode that best reflects your company's
branding eg. 738-837 = Reuter

As you can imagine this is a much improved situation over the old 5
digit short code limitation 73883=Reute or 73887=Reutr

Neustar will continue to offer 5 digit short codes as well, which is
fine if your product is 24389=Chevy

This will definitely consolidate the implementation of SMS marketing in
the USA however be aware once your number is taken by someone else it is
gone for good so you must place your orders with MassMedia Studios
today.

They haven't made much of an announcement only a press release on their
site which one of my customers pointed me to which is why I thought I
would pass it to the biggest telco list I knew about, like I said,
apologies if you are outside of the USA and this isn't of interest to
you.

Regards,

Dean Collins

Business Development Manager

direct:

 212 531 6214

fax:

 212 531 6215

mobile:

 917 207 3420

email:

 dean.collins at massmediastudios.com
<mailto:dean.collins at massmediastudios.com?subject=signature%20link>

<http://www.massmediastudios.com/> <http://www.massmediastudios.com/>
<http://www.massmediastudios.com/> <http://www.massmediastudios.com/>

access:

www.TractionPlatform.com <http://www.tractionplatform.com/>

________________________________

The information transmitted may be confidential, is intended only for
the person to which it is addressed, and may not be reviewed,
retransmitted, disseminated or relied upon by any other persons. If you
received this message in error, please contact the sender and destroy
any paper or electronic copies of this message. Any views expressed in
this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states otherwise. MassMedia Studios does not
represent, warrant or guarantee that the communication is free of
errors, virus or interference.

This email and its contents are the property of MassMedia Studios Pty
Limited ABN 40 092 342 375

PRESS RELEASE

Common Short Code Administration Announces Open Registration of 6-Digit
Codes

WASHINGTON, D.C. - CTIA - The Wireless Association(r) (CTIA) and NeuStar
Inc. (NYSE: NSR) announced today that the Common Short Code
Administration (CSCA) has opened registration for 6-digit codes on their
website, www.USshortcodes.com <http://www.usshortcodes.com/> . Common
Short Codes (CSC) allow businesses and their customers to communicate
directly with each other through mobile devices such as wireless phones
and PDAs. The addition of an extra digit to the already available
5-digit CSC format enables an unprecedented number of new codes for
brands to establish relationships with mobile customers. These easily
recognizable and memorable codes are accessed using just 5 or 6 digits
on the wireless keypad.

"The expansion of our CSC program is just another example of how
wireless is revolutionizing the way we communicate and connect with the
world around us," said CTIA - The Wireless Association(r) President and
CEO Steve Largent. "Only wireless can offer businesses the ability to
meet their customers on the move and with this announcement even more
enterprises can enter the game."

Businesses that subscribe to and use common short codes have a unique
advantage in being able to establish mobile-connected relationships
directly with consumers, regardless of what mobile device or service a
consumer uses to send and receive communications.

Examples of the kind of wireless communications that CSCs enable include
consumer voting, marketing campaigns, direct downloads of ring tones and
wallpaper, text alerts, and bill paying. The addition of 6-digit codes
expands the availability of CSC to a greater number of direct
interaction services for business brands, campaign managers, wireless
communications carriers, special interest groups, and wireless users.

The Common Short Code Administration says the addition of the 6-digit
format represents a 10-fold increase in available codes.

About CTIA
CTIA (www.ctia.org <http://www.ctia.org/> )is the international
association for the wireless telecommunications industry, representing
carriers, manufacturers and wireless Internet providers.

About NeuStar
NeuStar (NYSE: NSR) is a provider of essential clearinghouse services to
the North American communications industry and Internet service
providers around the world. Visit NeuStar online at www.neustar.biz
<http://www.neustar.biz/> .

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act
of 1995
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking
statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private
Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, without limitation,
statements about NeuStar, Inc.'s expectations, beliefs and business
results in the future. We cannot assure you that our expectations will
be achieved or that any deviations will not be material. Forward-looking
statements are subject to many assumptions, risks and uncertainties that
may cause future results to differ materially from those anticipated.
These potential risks and uncertainties include, among others, possible
delays in the implementation of 6-digit Common Short Codes, slow market
acceptance of 6-digit Common Short Codes, the uncertainty of whether
5-digit and 6-digit Common Short Codes will continue to achieve market
acceptance or result in any revenue, and business, regulatory and
statutory changes in the communications industry. More information about
potential factors that could affect NeuStar's business and financial
results is included in its filings with the Securities and Exchange
Commission, including in NeuStar's quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the
quarter ended March 31, 2006. All forward-looking statements are based
on information available to the CTIA and NeuStar, Inc. on the date of
this press release and neither the CTIA nor NeuStar, Inc. undertakes any
obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements after the
date of this press release.