[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk: T1 hunt group setup

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 1 09:48:49 MST 2006

Andrei (MPI) wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm sure someone had an experience arranging hunt-group setup for
> incoming calls on T1 PRI channels of Digium TE110P card.
>
> For instance, I have main DID channel associated with number (555) 222
> 0001.
> And I have whole bunch of other DID channels on same T1 card like (555)
> 222 0090,  (555) 222 0091, (555) 222 0093.
>
> My goal is when a call comes to the main number which is (555) 222 0001,
> to have it roll over to the next available T1 channel.
> Or give busy signal to the caller if all channels are busy. To have one
> main number for all calls.
>
> I thought this had to be done in Central Office for our T1 connection
> (like DID setup), and T1 provider keeps telling me that
> this will be function of our phone system (Asterisk).
>
> So, do I literally have to implement some sort of logic in
> extensions.conf, that would allow receive call on main channel and roll
> it over to a next available DID? And keep main DID number free all the
> time?

Your service provider has some options while you have some asterisk
options. Can't tell from what you posted what your service provider
already has configured.

Do you know for sure exactly how your service provide treats "all"
incoming numbers?  If three people dial (555) 222 0001, do the three
calls arrive on three different channels? (In other words, has your
service provider configured their equipment to "trunk" any incoming
calls (regardless of whether its (555) 222 0001 or (555) 222 0091) into
your system on any of the T1 channels?

If so, then all 24 zap channels should be associated with a single
context in zapata.conf, and your extensions.conf definitions configured
to handle each incoming call. Something like this...

[incoming-zap]
exten => 5552220001,1,Dial(SIP/3002,15)
exten => 5552220091,1,Dial(SIP/3003,15)

There are lots of other variations on the above available to you, but if
you understand the above, you can probably come up with the variations.

R.