[Asterisk-Users] audio streaming points different with VRRP

Bob Chiodini bchiodini at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 06:09:28 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 12:30 +0200, Shenen Shenen wrote:
> Hi!I've a question:
> I've 2 asterisk, I want pull the ethernet wire and then reconnect it
> after 5 second, using the VRRP protocol, where must I set the IP for
> the connection goes on the second asterisk?
> I want this:
> I call to asterisk1, then I pull the ethernet wire down, vrrp makes up
> the other asterisk but not the audio streaming...the callers are
> always pointed to asterisk1, but for the right run, the callers must
> point to the asterisk2....
> Is there some *.config file where I can put my vrid IP, so in
> automatic the asterisk1 and asterisk2 translate their IP to the vrid?
> The vrrp is right like I set it.Asterik1 is the master with
> 192.160.252.1 IP and vrid like 192.160.252.10
> asterisk2 is the slave with 192.160.252.2.Via Ethreal they are
> ok,if .1 goes down, .2 goes up, but the audio streaming point always
> to 192.160.252.1.....
> Help me please,
> 1000000000000000000000000 thanks

I'm not an expert, but...  Shouldn't the stream point to .10?

It may not be a IP issue, but an ARP cache/MAC address problem.

Please provide more details on your configuration, i.e. what's running
VRRP (e.g. router, linux box, etc.) and what the network looks like
around the redundant machines.

Bob...