[Asterisk-Users] connecting asterisk to pstn help

ravi reddy mravikreddy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 01:54:22 MST 2006

Hello Masters

             Here i going explain what Iam doing and where i need help ..

           Iam running Sip Express Router ,Asterisk, on same box (for
testing) my Sip express router is working fine and i can accept global
register requests with valid account  and in front of Sip express router
(SER)  Iam using Mediaproxy-1.4.2 which is handler to rtp/rtcp streams
between nated clients ,SER is running on port 5060
and Asterisk on 5065, here i need to forward pstn calls to asterisk and i am
planning to connect asterisk to a Cisco Gateway ,

                               when sip client calls to pstn SER will
recieve invite message and it forwards to asterisk

                            1)how the Asterisk will handle this call with
rtp
                             2)and when pstn customer calls the call goes in
to SER and it looks the 'location' database and it will reject call because
it is not registerd user
       so, we take  pstn call directly to asterisk and we forward call from
asterisk to SER and i want to know is how the SER handle this call

                that means when SER found a sip client it invites that sip
client and which mediaproxy is going to handle this call the SER's or
Asterisk's ????????

Can we use only one mediaproxy for both SER and ASTERISK by loading modules
in ASTERISK so that it will be easy for billing ..???

 please explain me how the process will take here bcoz i am with lots of
questions and confusions in this particular process

               hope some body will solve my headache confusion ..Thanks in
advance

Kindly regards,
Ravi.