[asterisk-users] Asterisk AGI cmd Record

Rajeev Natarajan twogigbox at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 11:51:07 MST 2006

So, this is just a wild idea.

you want to send all incoming calls to a record prompt. you are probably
doing something like
[incoming-context]
exten => s,1,SetVar(RECFILENAME=xxxx)
exten => s,2,Record(${RECFILENAME})

what if you did:
[incoming-context]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/2001,120,r,L(totalrectime,warningtime))

exten => 2001,1,SetVar(RECFILENAME=xxxx)
exten => 2001,2,Record (${RECFILENAME})

I'm guessing that the dial command with the L option will allow you to play
the beep using LIMIT_WARNING_FILE variable.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial for more
details on the Dial command

this may be totally off and haven't tried it myself but probably worth a
shot!

rajeev