[asterisk-users] can't retake call after dialing through Zap/E1 wich doesn't answer

Manrique Feoli manrique.feoli at kinetos.com
Fri Jul 28 17:43:33 MST 2006

Hi all,

I am receiving a call on one E1 and try to set up a call on another E1,
if the second call succeds,   fine....  but if the second call doesn't
answer  (or if the second E1 link happens to be down)    I can't manage
to execute another line of my dialplan to try to setup the call via
another route.

I must be missing something basic.

here are my dialplay lines     (taken to the simplest expresion)

exten => _X.,1,Answer
exten => _X.,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN},5,r)    (so if the second link
doen't answer after 5 seconds,  it should play a message and call support)
exten => _X.,3,Playback(help)
exten => _X.,4,Dial(Zap/g0/${SUPPORT_PHONE},30,r)

Line 2 jumps to the h priority,  and doesn't execute line 3.

any clue?