[asterisk-users] Message waiting question...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 11:01:08 MST 2006

Hi

For those interested.
I've ported the following solution:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4236
for asterisk 1.2.10

it works well.
To activate MWI over IAX2 add the following line in sip.conf or
zaptel.conf etc...

mailbox=IAX2/{iax2_context}/mailbox[@context]

For some weird reason though, on my panasonic while I can hear the
message waiting tone, the little enveloppe icon doesn't appear on the
phone
The patch against 1.2.10 is attached to this email.

I have also ported this solution:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4371
to asterisk 1.2.10 if anyone is interested.. It's more powerful but
much more complicated to configure ...

Jean-Yves