[asterisk-users] Message waiting question...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 08:39:21 MST 2006

Hi

On 7/27/06, Luki <lugosoft at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is this old patch that does remote MWI over IAX (among other
> things). I used it on earlier versions and it worked quite nicely.
> This was before 1.2 so it may no longer work at all. At the very least
> it will likely required some updating. Doable, just depends how much
> time you want to put into it :).

I think I got it working with Asterisk 1.2.10. I can see the mailbox
information being sent between the two servers.
However, my SPA3000 is still not getting the MWI properly. I believe
that the problem is with the configuration file. I'm not sure I fully
understand the information provided: in the bug report there are
several conflicting setup and I'm not sure which one is good.

Setup being:
SPA3000 ->(SIP) Asterisk1 --->(IAX2) Asterisk2
and I want SPA3000 to check if there's voicemail waiting on Asterisk2.

On Asterisk2:
in iax.conf I have:
[iax_peer_name_to_asterisk1]
type=friend
mailbox=500
host=dynamic

in voicemail.conf
voicemail_server=iax_peer_name_to_asterisk1

[default]
500 at iax_peer_name_to_asterisk1 => password,email etc..

On Asterisk1:
iax.conf:
[iax_peername_to_asterisk2]
type=friend
username=iax_peer_name_to_asterisk1
secret=..
host=asterisk2_hostname

sip.conf:
[spa3000]
mailbox=500:default at iax_peername_to_asterisk2

Am I correct?
I haven't digged too much in the source code, I'm starting to have a
good understanding but any help would be appreciated.

JY