[asterisk-users] CSTA support for asterisk

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Jul 31 06:58:57 MST 2006

2006/7/29, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org>:

> A number of people have talking about providing open CSTA support, but
> I've never seen anything happen. I might be a key to allowing a lot of
> existing applications to make use of open source telephony solutions
> like Asterisk.
>
> Steve
>
> Hi,

My knowledge of CSTA is :
- the document describing CSTA is "one thousand pages thick",
- CTSA is mostly used to build large call center ACDs for which previous
proprietary interfaces could not protect customers investment.

Though Asterisk Gateway or Management Interface are not approved standards,
both rely on widely known
tools (stdin, stdout, ...) so that, for investment protection, Asterisk
seems on par to CSTA-compliant PBX.

So my question is, do you have anything in mind that could be done with CSTA
and not done with AGI or AMI ?

Regards