[asterisk-users] Can't load ztdummy

brettb at cytelcom.com brettb at cytelcom.com
Mon Jul 31 06:03:48 MST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to "modprob ztdummy" in order to use the conferencing feature with
Asterisk, but I am having trouble loading it.  I am using Gentoo with Kernel
2.6.14 and Asterisk version 1.2.9.  I am able to "modprobe zaptel" without a
problem, however when I "modprobe ztdummy" I get the error below.

FATAL: Error inserting ztdummy (/lib/modules/2.6.14-kororaa-r6/misc/ztdummy.ko):
Input/output error
FATAL: Error running install command for ztdummy

I did read this page:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk%20timer%20ztdummy and
checked my Kernel, it is compiled with 'CONFIG_CRC_CCITT=m'.  Any help
regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett