[asterisk-users] Asterisk Polycom_acd_functions and G729

Dean at INKnBITs dean.bath at inknbits.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 06:05:12 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get G729 to work with the branch polycom_acd_functions, but
having no luck. I have read through some of the G729 install pages, but I'm
new to linux and asterisk, and not much made sense. Are there any idiot
proof instructions? I'm using Debian 3.1

I have tried the digium ones, not fully yet. I downloaded the G729.so file
and copied into correct directories, and changed the file permissions. Do I
need to license this before asterisks will load? As if the .so file is in
the /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ directory, asterisk will not start. Is this
correct?? As I have not purchased the license key yet? If so I will purchase
one for testing.

Thanks,
Dean.