[asterisk-users] Testers for ISDN AOC (Advice of Charge (Gespraechsgebuehren)) needed

Mon Jul 31 05:56:14 MST 2006

Patrick wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 13:25 +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> We have implemented AOC-D and AOC-E passthrough support for Asterisk
>> (both Asterisk 1.2 and SVN trunk). Currently this works only with ZAP
>> PRI channels.
>>
>> With this feature Asterisk forwards AOC messages received from the telco
>> switch on bridged ZAP PRI channels. This is very useful, if Asterisk is
>> between a legacy PBX and the telco line.
>
> What if you want Asterisk to pick up the AOC and stick the value for
> example in the CDR database? Is that possible?

I guess it would be possible, but it is not implemented (not needed here
in my setup). Maybe you cann add support for this.

 > Also, how can one find
> out if AOC-x is transmitted over the ISDN line? I'm in .nl and have a
> BRI but don't know if my telco (KPN) sends AOC info with a call setup or
> during the call.

Enable Q931 debugging. AOC-D is transmitted using FACILITY messages.
ACO-E is transmitted as facility IE (information element) in DISCONNECT,
RELEASE or RELEASE_COMPLETE message.

You may request AOC data during call setup, but usually, if the ISDN
line is configured to send AOC, this is not needed.

regards
klaus