[asterisk-users] Re: Voicemail dial pattern from old pbx

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Mon Jul 31 05:24:00 MST 2006

exten => XXX,1, Voicemail(${EXTEN}) may work, but you have to have it as _XXX
The underscore tells asterisk that this is an expression and the X is any digit.

XXX is sitting there waiting for someone to dial three Xs.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

"Sharon Lim" <limleechin2005 at gmail.com> wrote in message news:9bd3e43a0607310235w7f8981b6y84ac33108f4cb78d at mail.gmail.com...
I have an old pbx and I want to pass callerid frm the old pbx to asterisk as a voicemail server.

My old pbx have sent the callerid but i am not sure how to make it into dialpattern cause if I have 1000 callerid then i have to
enter 1000 enter into extensions.conf.

I m using tdm400p where i pull an extension(728) into asterisk box. Therefore other extension in oldpbx will divert to this
extension(728)

My current dialplan which is working as below :

[defaults]
exten =>s, 1, Answer()
exten =>740,1,Voicemail(${EXTEN})

After answer then it will get the callerid (I do a READ cmd then it read as "s" extension but after that it stated "User entered
'721')

How to write the dial patterns. Went I put exten => XXX,1, Voicemail(${EXTEN}), it wont do to this lines but will just hangup cause
cant scan the next steps to do. Thanks in advance.