[asterisk-users] Voicemail dial pattern from old pbx

Sharon Lim limleechin2005 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 02:35:50 MST 2006

I have an old pbx and I want to pass callerid frm the old pbx to asterisk as
a voicemail server.

My old pbx have sent the callerid but i am not sure how to make it into
dialpattern cause if I have 1000 callerid then i have to enter 1000 enter
into extensions.conf.

I m using tdm400p where i pull an extension(728) into asterisk box.
Therefore other extension in oldpbx will divert to this extension(728)

My current dialplan which is working as below :

[defaults]
exten =>s, 1, Answer()
exten =>740,1,Voicemail(${EXTEN})

After answer then it will get the callerid (I do a READ cmd then it read as
"s" extension but after that it stated "User entered '721')

How to write the dial patterns. Went I put exten => XXX,1,
Voicemail(${EXTEN}), it wont do to this lines but will just hangup cause
cant scan the next steps to do. Thanks in advance.