[asterisk-users] How do you recompile individual source modules?

Fabian Müller fabian_mueller at open-tk.de
Sat Jul 29 13:12:23 MST 2006

Bart Fisher <bhfisher at icpage.com> wrote:

> If I understand, I cd to asterisk source folder and run make - it take
> card of rest?
>
> Also, when/why should you use astxs?

I repeat in other words what Russell said:

When you have a clean source tree and type make a lot of source
files are compiled. When you type make again, nothing gets
recompiled. Now when you change an individual source file and type
make again only the modfied source file gets recompiled.

If you start with a clean source tree and want to compile only one
file you can use the perl script contrib/scripts/astxs. For example
if you want to compile only apps/app_skel.c you do this by typing

contrib/scripts/astxs apps/app_skel.c

You will have to make astxs executable for this to work:

chmod +x contrib/scripts/astxs

(For these two commands you have to be in the root directory of your
Asterisk sources of course.)

Fabian Müller