[asterisk-users] Install asterisk-bristuff for Debian Linux

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jul 29 00:52:34 MST 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 04:50:50PM +0200, Tijl Van den Broeck wrote:
> I installed the following packages as well:
> ii  libzap-dev                         1.0.1-1               Zapata
> telephony interface library (developm
> ii  libzap1                            1.0.1-1               Zapata

libzap is not used by anything. It is a library intended to make using
zaptel (directly) easier. Hardly used by anybody.

> telephony interface library (runtime)
> ii  zaptel                             1.2.7-1               zapata
> telephony utilities
> ii  zaptel-source                      1.2.7-1               Zapata
> telephony interface (source code for

zaptel-source should help you build zaptel-modules packages.

Basically run:

  m-a a-i zaptel

This should build and install zaptel for your running kernel. For Etch
and onwards, zaptel-modules packages may be automatically built for
standard kernels.

Note that there have been three bugfixes releases released sinse. Latest
bristuff is for asterisk 1.2.9.1, but I've patced it to work with 1.2.10 .

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com