[asterisk-users] Extending call parking to display park extension on the handset display

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 07:55:48 MST 2006

I am moving this thread from -dev to -users. The thread is below.

Synopisis, I am relatively new to asterisk and even though I've looked
through the docs I can not find a way to accomplish what I am trying to do.
I am trying to, upon park, send a message to a SIP phone which will display
the parking spot number instead of simply 'say'ing it.

I indeed ran into parkandannounce, It seems to be what I want, unfortunately
I know nothing about asterisk and even though I downloaded th book I am
super lost. I am digging through docs right now, and it seems that you can
extend asterisk in all sorts of ways, so I'm thinking hacking into
features.c is probably a poor choice considering that the conf files seem to
be able to do all sorts of things.  I guess my biggest problem ATM is
figuring out if / how I can tell my SIP phones to display a custom string on
their display.

I apologize if this is too basic for this list, just let me know and I can
move the discussion to Users, I just assumed that since source code changes
are involved it may belong here. The thing is I am just a perl programmer
who can hack a little C. one of the other guys here does the phones but he
just had surgery and is out and all doped up. So its up to me to get this
ball rolling.

Guillermo Roditi