[asterisk-users] SMS functionality of bristuff (0.3.0-PRE-1r) with a Junghanns "duo GSM PCI" card

Chris Walker poser at slipjack.com
Fri Jul 28 07:54:12 MST 2006

Hi all,

I was quite excited to unearth the "gsm send sms <channel> <destination>
<message>" command in chan_zap.c, but now I've hit a dead end in my
efforts to deal with _received_ messages.  When my card receives an SM,
it prints a...

"-- SMS received on span 1. PDU: <number>"

...message to the console, but I'm not sure how to get access to that
information through any other means.  As I see it, my options include...

(1) Hacking chan_zap.c
(2) Finding an appropriate verbosity level or debugging option that will
log such messages to a text file somewhere.

I don't mind dealing with the messages through another application (or
through AGI scripts), but Asterisk is currently my only means of
communicating with the Junghanns.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Chris