[asterisk-users] long distance ethernet & Asterisk

Manrique Feoli manrique.feoli at kinetos.com
Thu Jul 27 16:02:24 MST 2006

another thought, if you are in a bowl, all you need to find is line of
sight to one common place from both ends, and place a repeater there.
(you could also set two or three steps repeating the signal within
points which have line of sight). I'm not sure but I think one repeater
would be much cheaper than 20.000ft of copper + extenders + poles+
maintenance, lighning... (even thought you are in Copper Mountain !!,
BTW nice spot ).

if in the end you decide to go with ethernet, just beware of lighning!!!