[asterisk-users] SIP Woes

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jul 27 05:29:11 MST 2006

> Hi all,

Hiya.

> After some more thought and investigation, I think the following is
> definitely my problem:
>
>  -------------------------
>  Looking for 100000 in Outgoing
>  Reliably Transmitting (NAT):
>  SIP/2.0 484 Address Incomplete
>  Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
>  -------------------------

Indeed.

> Does anyone know how I can resolve this ? - Incoming calls work fine,
> internal calls work fine (so to talking clock etc) but outgoing do not.
>
> My configuration can be found here:
>
> 	http://files.davehope.co.uk/asterisk-problem/

	exten		=>	_X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@Sipgate,30,trg)
	exten		=>	_X,2,Hangup

Those two lines will only be matched if a person only dials 1 digit extensions from 0 through 9, what you probably meant is:

	exten		=>	_X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@Sipgate,30,trg)
	exten		=>	_X.,2,Hangup

Notice the . after the X? It means match any extension starting with 0 through 9, of any length.

> If anyone would be so kind as to shed some insight into the matter it'd
> be greatly appreciated!,
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Dave

Joshua Colp