[asterisk-users] RE: dropping calls in the middle of conversation

Dan Elder isbeen at izmedia.com
Thu Jul 27 09:13:26 MST 2006

>I'm having major trouble with a simple asterisk installation dropping calls
in the middle of the conversation.

I was having similar issues when we installed a new non-pri T1, one of the
problems had to do with the wiring job that was done, but the major problem
seemed to be related to IRQ sharing, I disabled EVERYTHING I could on the
motherboard, including USB interfaces (which seemed to always be sharing
IRQs with one of the Digium cards). After turning all motherboard
peripherals off, the number of dropped calls fell to about 2/week, before
doing this we were dropping lots and lots of calls every day.