[asterisk-users] Message waiting question...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 22:07:56 MST 2006

Hi

On 7/27/06, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:
> chan_sip requests the count fairly frequently, dunno how much traffic it would actually generate though.

Well I took the very easy route.

Every minute I do a rsync between server2 and server1 of the INBOX
directory I want to check. I also only transfer the .txt file so it
never needs to transfer more than 500 bytes max every minute. Having
just the .txt file is sufficient for Asterisk to tell the SPA3000 that
there's a message waiting.

And best of all: it works :)

As a side question, is there a way to force asterisk to set specific
group permission on the file generated for the voicemail? I found some
patches for earlier version of Asterisk and at one stage that it made
its way into asterisk trunk.... I can't find any documentation about
how to configure it though.

Thanks
JY