[asterisk-users] Developing VoIP with Asterisk

Carlos Alberto Bernat Orozco cabo81 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 12:49:03 MST 2006

Hi Group!

Still I'm concern about my problem with echo on the voice and I want to ask
some advice to developing VoIP. Maybe I'm very ambiciuos or maybe not
because I want to give VoIP to near 500 users.

We got an small ISP and we have the project to give telephony (for now) to
our users between them. Our resources are limited and I have installed * as
a hope to give this service to our users. We have a good network (with small
problems) but I believed that is possible to give this service. Our HFC
network is very well calibrated and works fine. The users have cable modems
to connect to the internet and we give private adresses to some users.

I'm searching for someone who has the same problem in the past with similar
things, to know how solve it and if is possible to give  VoIP calls with a
server with a public address and the softphones (for the costs) with
extensions registered on our * box. I configured * four months ago and
between two extensions and works very well and but later I did the same test
on this week and unfortunaly the voice goes out with echo. So I have the
feeling that maybe there's something wrong with the codecs and wich codecs
do I need to give the service.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Carlos Bernat