[asterisk-users] Just bought a Polycom 501 - Ifeellike myGXP-2000was better...

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Jul 26 07:04:10 MST 2006

Will do.  I'm already starting to like the Polycom 501, but then again I`m
not a typical technically incompetent end-user with no desire to learn
anything new.

I can see a big learning curve for the customers who go from 5 cascading
phone lines on PSTN phones to a VoIP PBX.  I believe the transition would be
much easier on the GXP-2000 (not taking into consideration the provisioning
which does look a lot easier to manage on the Polycom) because it acts 90%
like a typical phone.

And really, the lack of a backlight is a shame on the Polycom.

Mike