[asterisk-users] Just bought a Polycom 501 - I feel like my GXP-2000 was better...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon Jul 24 14:50:29 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 16:55 -0400, Mike wrote:

> My worst gripe with this phone, is that I haven't managed to have it
> on the LAN without it disappearing for a few seconds.  If I ping the
> phone (on the same LAN, on the same underused hub actually) I get 5-6
> again.  This translates into sound being (badly) cut off when Im
> talking.  The same experiments yields good results with the GXP-2000.
> I understand ping might not be prioritized on the Polycom, but this
> was done with no calls coming in or going out.  So why is it
> disappearing?  Or is there a better test?

	This sounds like an issue with your hub.  Some phones are very
sensitive to cabling and cheap switches.  I would recommend that you try
another switch (specially if you are really using a hub) to test the
phone.  I have lots of Polycom and GXP-2000 phones and they all work
fine in the same network, only when we have used really cheap switches
do we run into any problems.

--
Carlos Chavez Prats
Director de Tecnología