[asterisk-users] Zip code, city and area codes

Shane Young asterisk2 at shaneyoung.com
Wed Jul 26 06:33:09 MST 2006

Quoting Ronald Wiplinger <ronald at elmit.com>:

> Is there a table available, which tells me if a zip code, city and area
> code matches?
> For now I did it with google, type each info in and found out if it
> matches, but it would be easier if there is a table available.

If you subscribe to the LERG, you can build a table which might fit your needs.

If you simply want to find a zip code for a NPA-NXX, you can lookup the switch for that NPA-NXX in
table LERG6 then lookup the zipcode for the switch in table LERG& (I think).

This works good for finding a nearby zipcode to match a callers ANI.

If you need something more than that, it will be difficult.  A zip code can serve multiple NPA-NXX's
and an NPA-NXX can be in multiple zip codes.

--Shane