[asterisk-users] Sangoma Stops Receiving Calls

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed Jul 26 05:02:58 MST 2006

Alex Robar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Sangoma A200 card with hardware echo cancellation. The card has
> 12 ports (10 of which are active; All FXO). Twice on this particular
> card I've seen all ports simply stop receiving incoming calls. There is
> no other indication of this, however. I am able to place outgoing calls
> just fine, and call other extensions without issue. When someone calls
> in, the line just rings and rings, with no indication that the card even
> sees the calls. I'm not even sure where to begin looking into this.
> Could anyone give me some pointers as to what I might need to be looking
> for?
>
> I'll be giving Sangoma tech support a call, but if anyone has any
> debugging pointers, they would be much appreciated.

Alex,

Does it work if you disable the hardware echo cancellation?

I had an A20002D that started to fail after a month or too of normal
operation - it would answer PSTN calls, but the callers couldn't hear
me, although I heard them. Disabling the HWEC cancellation made things
work, but the echo was intolerable.

My vendor (Telephonyware) replaced the card (after I tried it in another
computer, running another kernel, and testing the original server with a
spare A20002D, and cleaning the FXO and HWEC module sockets), and the
replacement has worked great since then.

- Mike