[asterisk-users] MWI from Octel to Asterisk

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Tue Jul 25 21:13:15 MST 2006

Hi all.

We are in the process of doing some VoIP testing with the intent to eventually
replace our 5ESS phone switch.

However, during the transition period, we'd like to be able to use our
existing voicemail system which is Octel.  It's pretty easy to figure out how
to change the dialplan to send unanswered calls to the Octel VM system, but
is there any way to retrieve MWI from it from within Asterisk.  We have ISDN
phones that have a Message Light that we don't want to break.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Mike.