[asterisk-users] PRI vs "Digital Trunk"

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Tue Jul 25 14:35:27 MST 2006

Cheaper depends on the age of the switch at the CO you are connecting
to. In some parts of Tenn.. I cannot get a PRI but a T1 will be just
fine, alas NO CID, or enhanced features but a T1 nonetheless.

I my old CO PRIs had to be FXed (Brought in from another CO) My CO was a
1A and but not have the SW and/or ability to  provide ISDN services as
the other 5E did. This was a problem as the contract stated that once
ISDN services were available in my CO we would have to change over to
that exchange. We later moved into the area served by the 5E and the
change did not have to happen.