[asterisk-users] Recommend hard phone which supports IAX2?

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Tue Jul 25 08:23:56 MST 2006

Hi:

I'm setting up a branch office, but I don't want to trunk from the main
office because I don't want to introduce any more latency. Also, the
office will have only a single extension, so I can't justify the expense
of a second Asterisk server for it.

SIP is a pain when going through firewalls, and I'm worried about the
latency that would come with using an IPsec tunnel between the two
sites, so I'm looking for an IAX2 supporting hard phone, and want to
hear recommendations from people who have had direct experience with such.

What are the best IAX2 hard phones?

Thanks,

-Stephen-