[asterisk-users] create custom cdr's

William Piper william.piper at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 13:40:58 MST 2006

List,

I'd like to create custom cdr columns in the database.

Here is what I'm trying to do:
exten => s,2,Set(CDR(ipaddress)=${ipaddress})

 I'm able to get the ipaddress and set it to a variable but I'm not sure how
to record the IP address to the CDR's. I know it has something to do with
cdr_custom.conf but I'm not sure how to put it all together.

FYI, I don't have cdr_custom.conf, is it something that was supposed to be
installed with asterisk?
FYI2, I'm using ver 1.2.7.1

I know this is possible but I'd love it if someone could give me step by
step directions on how to set it up or point me to a website that show this.

Thanks for the help,

bp