[asterisk-users] Asterisk, IAXModem and Hylafax

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Mon Jul 24 11:07:26 MST 2006

JR Richardson wrote:

> Is there any of you Hylafax guru's out there who may have a few
> minutes to help me get up to speed with the Hylafax setup and
> configuration conventions.

You'll do well to look for help in HylaFAX forums/communities/archives
rather than in an Asterisk one.

That said, the best advice I can give you is to learn how your MTA works
in delivering mail and how you can go about delivering certain e-mails
(however you wish to indicate them) to a processing script (MDA).  You
can write that processing script to call on sendfax, or you can use
faxmail there, instead (if faxmail suits you).

All of this has been done hundreds upon hundreds of times by people all
over the world with sendmail, postfix, and exim, so expect there to be
information available for your situation to at least get you started.

But again, looking for HylaFAX mail-to-fax information in an Asterisk
forum is probably not going to be an extremely effective approach.

Lee.