[asterisk-users] Mitel 3300 + *

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Jul 24 08:55:35 MST 2006

SIP is on the "low-end" product (3200?) which is meant as an Asterisk-style
mini-PBX that provided an entry point to get Mitel into orgs with < 50
users, but for some reason it seems discontinued I can't find it on their
website anymore. There is a SIP stack for the 5220 and higher phones but it
is sparsely supported and it seems that Mitel did it just to pay lip service
to orgs that didn't want to give up their 5220's when they moved to a SIP
based PBX. There's marketing value to having the "Mitel" brand on the
handset that the enduser picks up, regardless of what's in the back end.
Every few days one of my endusers asks why our phone system has a funny
name: "SNOM" lol

anyhoo you are better off not dealing with the strange, funky, obscure and
undocumented MiNet protocol.