[asterisk-users] Sipura ATA's Forwarding PSTN Calls to Asterisk

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Jul 24 09:30:18 MST 2006

I am using an Sipura 3000 here and it is working (mostly) fine but I had a
lot of learning to do in the beginning. I missed the original question and
problem?? Perhaps you could state that again of refer me to it? Keep in
mind there are two major firmware versions for the 3000. Version 2 and 3.
In version 2 you have to do some extra stuff to get it to allow Asterisk
to answer. In version 3 there is an option to allow it to pass the ringing
call to Asterisk which makes it a lot easier. when doing this you need to
set the delay such that at least 1-2 rings are received before you do this
or the CID does not get passed properly. I have it set to 4 or 4 seconds
as I recall.

The version 3 firmware IS useaable on the version 2 hardware. I am using
it here. I did find that an earlier version 3 firmware had better echo
cancelation then the lastest version though. Actually the version 2
firmware was even better but lacking the option to have Asterisk answer
the phone, so I opted for the compromise.

I would be glad to send my settings it you like. My HW version is 2.0.1
and firmware is 3.1.3

The Sipura site only has the latest version 3 - 3.1.10 I believe. There is
an (australian?) site that has all the past versions available for
download. Google for it.

Doug

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *