[asterisk-users] H.323 an IAX

Asif Ali muzikrazy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 06:24:15 MST 2006

Hi
I have a problem with the NAT using H.323 and am thinking of employing IAX
as a workwround. I have a scenario in my mind which I am not sure is gonna
work or not, neaways here it goes.
I want my IAX clients to connect to Asterisk which will be interconnected
with H.323 terminating gateways. Now my clients will place calls using IAX
and Asterisk will establish connection with H.323 gateways but WOULD NOT
relay media, i.e. I dont want to proxy media and media would be between
endpoint to endpoint. Can Asterisk do this protocol conversion
transparently?
Is this practically possible? and would I be able to achieve NAT
tarversal(at client end) using above mentioned scenaio? as I have read about
IAX that it does NAT traversal. My Asterisk would run on public IP
Any suggestion or help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanx in advance

Regards
Muhammad Asif
--