[asterisk-users] How to connect XLite with another public IP?

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 11:30:55 MST 2006

      Hi Friends,

We have two internet connections (lines) from two Internet Service Providers in our office. So, we have two public IP addresses. We are using one connection for our LAN and to providing internet to our office staff. We are not using second connection.

Now, we have installed "Asterisk" and using for International dialing with Second connection. Now, I have installed "XLite" softphone in our staff systems. I tried to connect our XLite with our Asterisk server. But, our XLite softphone is unable to connect with Asterisk server. I have given Asterisk server public IP in my XLite Domain field. But, it is not connecting and is giving an error i.e., " Registration error: 408 - Request timedout". I tried using firewall and without using firewall. Please tell me how to configure my XLite softphone to connect with my Asterisk server (With other public IP)?

This is very urgent. Looking forward to your kind response. Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.
http://mail.yahoo.com