[asterisk-users] Asterisk Dial Plan to Play Message

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Jul 23 09:48:04 MST 2006

You can do it one of two ways:

1) make the SIP device dial a predefined number when the user picks up
the phone.  You do this in the SIP device.  Check the manual for that
device for detail on how to do this.  It's normally called "hotline".
In extensions.conf have Asterisk run Authenticate before the Dial() line.

2) Let the SIP device dial as normal, but in the dialplan execute

Steve Totaro wrote:
> You could put the phone in a context such as context=restricted in sip.conf
>
> In extensions.conf put a context
> [restricted]
> exten => _.,1,Answer
> exten => _.,2,Authenticate(8675301)
> exten => _.,3,Goto(whateverdialcontext,whateverexten,whateverpriority)
>
> replace Allison's recording for authenticate with your own.
> Unless I am totally missing what you are trying to do.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
>> "[9507]" is the incoming User ID.  "user=8407" is the outgoing User
>> ID.  Do you really want them to be different?
>>
>> Dial() will stop processing of the dialplan until the call ends.  Do
>> you really want this?
>>
>> "r" option to Dial will force a ringing sound to the caller, even if
>> the caller should be hearing a "all circuits are busy", or "your call
>> cannot be completed as dialed" or similar message.  Do you really want
>> that?
>>
>> broadbandvoice at comcast.net wrote:
>>> Thanks for the response, its looks logical, for some reason the
>>> authentication is not working for me, I'm using a Linksys Phone
>>> adapter and here is a sample dial plan in extensions.conf and also
>>> SIP channels.
>>>
>>> exten => 8407,1,Dial(SIP/8407,80,rt)      ; permit transfer
>>> exten => 8407,n,Authenticate(9461)                      exten =>
>>> 8407,n,Playback(pbx-invalid)
>>> exten => 8407,n,Hangup()
>>>
>>> and in sip.conf
>>>
>>> [9507]
>>> type=friend
>>> user=8407
>>> secret=xxxxxxxxxx
>>> ;context=from-sip
>>> callerid=8407
>>> host=dynamic
>>> nat=yes
>>> qualify=yes
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> dtmfmode=rfc2833

Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.