[asterisk-users] NAT and externip problem or bug

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sat Jul 22 11:21:08 MST 2006

On Jul 22, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Robert Jenkins wrote:

> Oh well..
>
> I already had localnet set:
>
> localnet = 192.168.0.0          ; Internal NETWORK address
> localmask = 255.255.255.0       ; Internal netmask
>
> All the involved PCs & Sipura boxes are using 192.168.0.x addresses.
>
> The Sipura boxes work, but the fact that asterisk is sending the
> external IP
> to any device on the local network seems to me to be a bug..

You didn't mention whether you were also forwarding ports 10000-20000
to the SIP Proxy (ie asterisk).  Thats where the actual RTP (voice
data) is passing.  Also you need to be sure that there aren't
multiple clients on your lan all trying to use the same ports for
signaling (ie 5060), as this will fail.

Hope this helps.
Marty