[asterisk-users] question about asterisk DB

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Jul 21 21:11:49 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 11:34 +0800, unplug wrote:
> That's right.  We can find many information about Realtime (ARA).  But
> I can't find any information talking about asterisk DB.  Where does it
> store data?  As I said before, there is a file
> /var/lib/asterisk/astdb.  Does it used to store data in asterisk DB?
> Anymore information about asterisk DB that I can find in the web?

The astdb is stored in the file that you have already discovered.  It is
not intended that you access this database with any other application
outside of Asterisk.

The astdb is primiarily used for internal storage purposes.  However, it
is also commonly used to store and retrieve information in the dialplan.
To do this, you would use the DB dialplan function.

*CLI> show function DB

--
Russell Bryant
Software Developer