[asterisk-users] ftp setup for Polycom phones

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 10:04:59 MST 2006

I think what he meant was that you can use your DHCP server to pass a TFTP
boot server in a DHCP request. So if the remote router passes DHCP requests
to your server, and your server returns the boot server, your phone should
get it's config fine.

Unless I misunderstood what Jerry was saying.

I remember there was some talk of this on the TAUG group a while back. The
BIND server has the ability to pass a certain option number and value that
the phone will interpret as a TFTP boot server.

Alex

On 7/21/06, Stephen Murphy <forum at expansivenetworks.com> wrote:

> This will enable me to add the required ftp info to each phone? What
> interface do I use - the web?

Alex Robar
alex.robar at gmail.com