[asterisk-users] question about asterisk DB

Benjamin Stocker bstocker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 07:26:33 MST 2006

2006/7/21, Natambu Obleton <nobleton at fasttrackcomm.net>:
> There is a nice one called RealTime. Works great and you can even get it to
> store email in sql, but I haven't really tested it much.
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+RealTime
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Voicemail+ODBC+storage

asterisk DB != Realtime Asterisk

The asterisk DB is a Berkeley Hash, used to store key=value pairs.
Realtime Asterisk uses modules to store configuration (dialplan, SIP,
queues, etc.) in a SQL Database. The advantage is that changes to the
configuration take effect immediately without reloading the server.