[asterisk-users] Automating the registration process

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 01:38:24 MST 2006

Kevin,

like I mentioned before, FreePBX will do all of that for you. It works
if you have a one-box (*) solution. If it spans multiple boxes then
you got a bit of an issue. ARA does a fair bit of it, but I think it
has issues if you're using (*) to lookup sippeers etc i.e. using * to
be your PBS/Soft-switch etc. I don't know the issues people have, but
I don't care since we use our own softswitch but use * only for
voicemail/conference and have 4 (so far) * machines talking to a
database and it all works great in the test env. Production is a diff
story there's only one way to find out.

>From your custom apps, you can call the command, asterisk -rx
"extensions reload" which will do what it does on the CLI.

Dunno if that helps
\R