[asterisk-users] Automating the registration process

Kevin Class utmostguru at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 01:26:20 MST 2006

> That seems silly if it's running ok...  Make sure the conf files you
> are editing are in the proper place.. That is an easy way to not get
> any results from a reload ;~)
>
> Marty

All my users fall under the same context which is [default], in both my
sip.conf and extensions.conf. And again, I found out that I cant reload
voicemail extensions too, I have to stop asterisk and restart it again for
it to capture new details for my users.

Query: is it possible to create an application that will write into
sip_additional.conf and extensions_additional.conf, the registrations of new
users. This application will be like a registration process for my users.
What I'm interested on is how will the application automatically reload
extensions and sips, when I get it working? The only way that I know how to
reload extensions is through the cli, how will my application reload
extensions?

Regards
-Kevin