[asterisk-users] Asterisk dead-air issues with Digium TE110 and IVR/meetme/internal directory-

Maxx Lobo maxx at arraycomm.com
Thu Jul 20 21:59:01 MST 2006

I considered that possibility, and was getting ready to test it out -
and then I read this:

<http://www.trixbox.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=1082&forum=2>

I did fail to mention that the box runs an Intel 3.4GHz HT processor in
it, and uses the SMP kernel. I recompiled the src rpm (for zaptel 1.2.6
modules, I know) like so:
 > rpmbuild --rebuild --target=i686 zaptel*.src.rpm

Then installed the zaptel-modules-*ELsmp.i686.rpm that was created in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686

After a reboot, I ran the 'rebuild_zaptel' against the zaptel-1.2.7 in
/usr/src/zaptel-1.2.7 , then rebooted and did a genzaptelconf. Made sure
that the /etc/zaptel.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf read as follows:

Zaptel.conf
-----
#Span 1: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0"
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
# Global data
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

Zapata.conf
-----------
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
immediate=no
;faxdetect=both
faxdetect=incoming
;faxdetect=outgoing
;faxdetect=no
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=national
rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
context=from-zaptel
group=1
channel => 1-23
-----

And after the final reboot, the box came up without any issues and all
the voice prompts are back!

Thanks for taking an interest, and I appreciate the responses! I hope
this helps someone else resolve an issue in the future.

--Maxx