[asterisk-users] PSTN disconnect tones on voicemail messages

Maxim Vexler hq4ever at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 04:35:27 MST 2006

On 7/20/06, TWV <voip at teleweb.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a few PSTN Lines connected to our Asterisk server (via SPA-3000 FXO
> interfaces), and everything works great except for 1 major annoyance.
>
> When PSTN callers get to a user's voicemail and they just hangup, a few (4)
> PSTN disconnect tones are recorded before the connection breaks off.
>
> So our users are getting tons of bogus voicemail messages with only the
> disconnect tones...
>
> Is there any way to prevent these messages from being saved?
>
> Thanks!

Could you upload one such file, preferably .wav ?
you can find them at  /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/<context>/<box>/INBOX/

It's possible that you can solve this by setting the following in voicemail.conf

<<<
; How many seconds of silence before we end the recording
maxsilence=5
; Silence threshold (what we consider silence, the lower, the more sensitive)
silencethreshold=512

HTH
--
Cheers,