[asterisk-users] PSTN disconnect tones on voicemail messages

TWV voip at teleweb.be
Wed Jul 19 19:48:43 MST 2006

Hi,

We have a few PSTN Lines connected to our Asterisk server (via SPA-3000 FXO
interfaces), and everything works great except for 1 major annoyance.

When PSTN callers get to a user's voicemail and they just hangup, a few (4)
PSTN disconnect tones are recorded before the connection breaks off.

So our users are getting tons of bogus voicemail messages with only the
disconnect tones...

Is there any way to prevent these messages from being saved?

Thanks!