[asterisk-users] MoH from Sound Card: Does it actually work?

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:28:46 MST 2006

Chris,

This is exactly what I found. The script does pipe the sound OK, but it's
obviously in a format that Asterisk doesn't like. Arecord can turn that
audio into just about anything, so if there's someone on the list here that
could tell us format Asterisk is expecting, we can probably figure this out.

Alex

On 7/19/06, Christopher Snell <chris.snell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've followed the instructions on the Wiki for pulling music-on-hold
> from my sound card's line input.  It doesn't work, however.  MoH
> starts and immediately stops.  Apparently, I'm not the only person
> having this problem.  I'm thinking that maybe arecord(1) is not
> sending the right kind of audio to Asterisk.  To test things, I took
> my ast-playlinein script (mentioned in the wiki) and piped it to
> aplay(1).  By doing this, I was able to hear the line input over my
> speakers, so the sound card and ALSA *are* working properly.
>
> Ideas, anyone?
>
> thanks,
>
> Chris

Alex Robar